Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Cutting galvanised steel tube

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Yes I do, but it's a woodworking one used for fairly precise work.

Interesting thought. I guess that the guard arrangements are
different as well

Pick up a cheap model and use it for cutting disc,grinding disc,thats
what I've done with this Taiwan effort.

I've got a basic compound mitre wood saw from B&Q which I think is
down to about 30 quid these days and don't use because I've got a
sliding one with a bigger blade. Wonder if there's a metal cutting
disc that would fit? The speed isn't a million miles away from an
angle grinder - certainly no faster.

The wood cutter on this Taiwan effort was 210mm the nearest metal cutter I
could find was 180mm at Machinemart,but it done the job and I can now cut
steel pipe perfect and at right angles also. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite