Posted to misc.consumers.house
Craig Craig is offline

Default Changing over from Electric oven to gas - what are my options?

"Sandra Loosemore" wrote...

writes:

I just bought a house that has an electric oven. I prefer to use gas.
Is it cheaper to tap the gas line on my street or to install a propane
tank?

If there is a gas line on the street, never mind about the cost; think
of the long-term convenience of not having a tank in your yard, or
having to worry about refilling it. Also, contact your gas company,
since they often will connect you up for free or even run promotions
like giving you a free gas hot water heater. Of course they're
thinking long-term, too; they write off some short-term expenses in
exchange for getting a permanent customer at your address.

If the OP does decide to go with gas in the kitchen, be sure to also have
a gas line run to the furnace, water heater (and fireplace, if there is one)
for future upgrades.

Craig