Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Ceramic Tile Floor Installation

Ultraglide wrote:
I don't know what they call it but I have seen the flexible rubber?
extenders that go over the horn and fit down the drain pipe. Anyone used
one of these instead of the extender rings or thicker seals.

They work too. As for the linoleum either rip it up or leave it but in
any case put down a cement board. I prefer using a quarter inch
hardibacker. I use 1-1/4 inch galvanized roofing nails. Put down ever
six inches on the dots, that tile isn't going to move. Even with
preparation the tile will eventually work loose from linoleum.