Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Frugal lighting

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:44:09 -0500, Bob Adkins
wrote:

On 14 Jul 2006 08:40:24 -0400, wrote:

This morning I put two $20 Kill-a-Watt meters on two power strips with
Nick,

Excellent experiment.

Have you ever done a long term cost analysis on CF vs. incandescent? Does
the increased cost and short life of CF's negate the improved efficiency?

What short lives? I've been writing the install date on my CFs from
the beginning and have been keeping a log. Average life is about 4.5
years. The best one, a low wattage lamp in my bathroom that burns
24/7 is still going at 9+ years.

When I can buy a pack of 5 from Sam's for $9, only a bit more than an
equivalent incandescent, the enconomics become a no-brainer.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain