Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans
Bette Bette is offline

Default Fridge making noise.

Wanderer wrote:
Check the compressor mounts. Usually they are made of rubber and can
wear out or disentigrate(sp) over time.

Years ago when I was at my girlfriend's house for dinner, her fridge
kept giving off this horrific odor.
My question, "When was the last time you emptied the bottom tray?"
"Bottom Tray ~ what do you mean?"
Getting down on my hands and knees I pulled out something that nearly
made me pass out. Ten years of neglect, it was filled with slime and
mold.

Her husband carefully took it outside and hosed it down.
She didn't talk to me for a week, because she was so embarrassed.
In retrospect I should have allowed her to deal with it after we went
home.
It is a joke between us now and yes she does clean the bottom tray.
Bette