Ljwebb11

Default Bullets falling back to earth

This is sort of metalwork - it involves lead. I was watching the Iraqies
celebrating the capture of Saddam by firing their rifles and guns into the
air. How dangerous are the bullets coming down ?
...snippage...

I have plenty of holes in the thin gauge corrugated aluminum sheets that make
up the roof of the canopy at the back of the shop.
Some of the holes make it appear that the bullet hit it flat on the side. None
of the holes look like a hole would if the bullet had been shot at it.
None of the falling bullets have ever pierced the thicker gauge steel roof of
the Morton building the canopy is up against.
I've never inspected the builtup roof of the main building to look for damage
from falling bullets.
I do have a bullet hole in the rollup door in the front of the building. That
hole was not from a falling bullet.

It tends to sound like a war zone in East Los Angeles on July 4 and New Years.
The police usually park under an overpass or other structure at midnight on New
Years Eve.

Les