Posted to alt.home.repair
marspinball marspinball is offline

Default Electrical Panel Upgrade questions

Hi

I've decided to install central HVAC and was told that I will need a new
panel since mine is a 60 amp. My home was built in 1951. I have upgraded to
all modern appliances and have added numerous lighting and ceiling fans
also. I also have a game room with about twelve coin operated commercial
arcade games. Currently there is only a gas wall heater.

Since I have to upgrade the panel what amperage should I need and what
should I expect to pay. Should there be a difference in price between a 100
and 200 amp service. Also should the upgrade entail upgrading two prong
outlets, the ones without the ground. Since I have had many electrical wire
upgrades in the past all new circuits have grounds but the
bedroom/livingroom still have two prong plugs.

Thanks.