Posted to alt.home.repair
Mulan Mulan is offline

Default Wiring guage and amps

Thank you, just to clarify this would be a third breaker panel for a
second kitchen. The main one upstairs is already full and this area is
running off a smaller older breaker panel.

Do I need 40 Amps for the stove and oven?
Do lights and power outlets run on 15 or 20 AMPS?

The lights in there now are old tube and knob going to and old breaker
that has about 50 AMPS in it and a fan heater blows the circuit. I was
going to rewire this area off that old breaker.

wrote:
get a 200 amp new main with the maximum nuber of breaker slots
available. service entrance cable and meter can must be replaced when
upgrading to larger amp main panel

14 gauge wire is for 15 amps max

12 gauge for 20 amp max

kitchen outlet circuits must be GFCI protected.