Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Zeljko Zeljko is offline

Default Tuner problem

I know that it is hard to fix tuner section without scope, but I don?t
have it, so if someone can help me without using scope, this would be
fine.
I will write what I did until now about non working tuner:
- First, now I can catch two FM local station but signal is very weak, I
have some movements on tuning meter when I seeking stations from 88 MHz
to 108 MHz, but signal meter is always on 0 (because FM signal is always
weak). Because of that I mean that local oscillator is good on front
end.
- I have changed FET01 with new one
- I have changed TR01 and TR02 on F2714 and TR01 on F2919 with the same
2SC1674
- All resistors are good (I checked) and I have replaced C02, C07, C14,
C25 and C28 on F2919
- I have replaced IC03 on F2919 HA1137W

After all, the tuner doesn?t work!

Here there are results of measuring on F2714 Board:
TR01
E-1.3Volts
B-1.98Vlots
C-13.42Volts

TR02
E-7.26Volts
B-7.89Volts
C-13.42Volts

And here http://public.carnet.hr/~zekalini/G8000FM_tuner.jpg I have
schematic diagram of FM part of Sansui G8000 tuner

I finally I have one more question, If I damaged FET with ESD (but I
have shorted all legs of it with one wire, and when I connect it on
board, I removed this wire, I am only asking if?), doest it damaged FET
can pass FM signal or it cannot pass signal?

Regards!