Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Brook Colin Brook is offline

Default Support Platform for Water Storage Tanks?

Hello,
I'm just setting up two 1000 litre recycled IBC tanks such as may be
seen he
http://www.smithsofthedean.co.uk/Recycled%20Containers.htm
to capture rain water from some of my house roof.

I want to raise the base of the tanks about a couple of feet off the
ground for ease of access and water pressure and am thinking of using
slotted angle. Would appreciate any input about strength/sizes and
whether I could put tanks directly onto slotted angle frame or would it
be better to cover with board.

Obviously the max weight for each tank is a little over 1000kg. Although
they are against house wall I don't want to transfer any load to the
wall but could use it for strapping to provide horizontal stability.

Site is slightly sloping so leg lengths will vary from about 1 foot to a
couple of feet.

I can find plenty of info about sizes and prices but no guidance about
load bearing and basic design. Any pointers or comments would be
welcome.

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)