Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default AC Circuit Problem (voltage - resistor)

Tam/WB2TT wrote:

"Jim Land" wrote in message
. 3.44...
wrote in news:1152996421.209694.220710@
35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

the line voltage is 133 to 138 volts.

That line voltage is WAY too high. The life of lightbulbs and appliances
will be reduced, in addition to the solenoid you mention.

The real solution is to contact the company that furnishes the electricity
and get them to come out and lower the voltage coming into the house.

An electric stove or dryer is not going to like 276 V for very long. Also,
check if the line voltage is high at all outlets. If some are high and some
are low, you have an open ground, which the power Co needs to fix ASAP. In
my case, they arrived within the hour.

Tam

You mean an open neutral.

prove it.