jim

Default Bullets falling back to earth

Dean wrote:

This is sort of metalwork - it involves lead. I was watching the Iraqies
celebrating the capture of Saddam by firing their rifles and guns into the
air. How dangerous are the bullets coming down ? I know they fall back much
slower than they leave the gun barrel, but they must still be doing a fair
clip. They said 4 people so far have been killed by this but I guess in Iraq
its hard to know which bullets came from where. As a few of you know about
guns I thought I'd ask here.

Dean.

( I notice they said Saddam was found in a rat infested hidey hole. I bet
the rats are glad he's moved out of the neighbourhood ! )

here in New Orleans it was getting to be a ritual of people firing guns
to celebrate the New Years.... well with this one girl was killed by a
falling bullet... another had a bullet in the head(thougth someon hit
her in the head with a bottle on Bourbon St. when she got to the
hospital the doctors found a bullet lodged in her head.. and several
other incidents... these idiots who were firing the guns never thought
much of where the bullets would fall..... In Iraqu it is common to
celebrate by firing guns... remember Saddam when on tv and giving a
speech to his people,, he took out a 45 auto. and stood in front of them
and emptied a clip out over their heads....
when in desert storm and desert shield the friendly troups passing the
american soldiers in trucks and tanks, to salute them they would fire
their rifles in the air....