Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.food+drink.misc
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Cocoa [How have the mighty fallen? OT.]

Derek ^ typed

Did she introduce the other bread sprinkles (maybe more Dutch than
Flemish) such as Gestampte Muisjes (Stamped on little mice),

No.

One your Gran might not have known about was Hopjesvla. A mousse type
pudding with a curiously familiar flavour you can't quite identify.

http://www.hollandtoys.com/images/haagschehopjes03.jpg

Turns out Hopjes is a haunting coffee/caramel candy (boiled sweet) .
The flavour of which was used a lot to flavour ice lollies in the UK
in the '60s when I was at school. None of us knew what it was or was
supposed to be that we were eating..

I had (Raadmakkers sp) Hopjes as sweets, which I loved...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.