Posted to alt.building.landscape,alt.home.repair
JimL JimL is offline

Default Best Way to Add Dirt So Rainwater Drains Away From House

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:32:27 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

My front yard slopes towards the house. I went to a a nursery to buy dirt
to build up the yard so
it slopes away from the house. The nursery guy told me to go to a
landscaping company because
there are different kinds of dirt - some hold water others don't - to find
out which kind of dirt I need. Do I need dirt that holds or or repells
water?

Thanks,

Mike

Just dig a one foot wide wide trench along the wall and install a
drainage system using 4 inch plastic pipe. The low end of the pipe
connects to drainage pipe that discharges into your storm sewer
system.