Posted to alt.building.landscape,alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Best Way to Add Dirt So Rainwater Drains Away From House

`
First, check the vertical distance from ground to wood or top of slab.
It's best to check at several poinst if possible.
Top of grade should be six or eight inches below the top of slab or top
of masonry supporting wood sill plate.

Starting at the desired top of grade, look to see if you can add fill
dirt or need to excavate to get the slope you want.

Do you have water in your crawl space or basement?
The group could use that info to give suggestions.
TB

It's a full basement w/ some mositure (not water) on the floor where the
floor meets the wall. There is paneling over the wall.
The basement window in that section is about 6"-8" above the ground. The
ground slopes toward the house. If I run the dehumidifier overnight it'll
usually dry the floor. I'd prefer not to destroy the landscaping by
excavating, if possible.

Mike