Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Extend doorbell to back?

On 15 Jul 2006 11:39:29 -0700, wrote:

Ungeschickt wrote:
I often do not hear the doorbell when in the back of the house or in
the garden.

How complicated would it be to "extend" the doorbell to those areas?
(I am not very handy).

Or install a different doorbell that does ring in back as well?

Any suggestions, references, etc. welcomed.

--

Ungeschickt

extending the doorbell is a matter of running some extra , fairly light
wire to the new location.

An easier alternative is one of the wireless doorbell kits , the bell
plugs into any outlet , or can be battery operated. Simply move it to
wherever you want, but you have to remember to move it .

I wish the OP had said what kind of doorbell he has now. Is it
mounted to the front door? Is it electric? Does it have a button, a
separate bell and a tranformer in the basement? What?