Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tom_sawyer70@yahoo.com is offline

Default Small Engine Repair - advice

OldRoads wrote:
My first concern is the age of your child.
Maybe she should start with bicycles or something without an engine.
Anything with an engine (mower, trimmer, etc) can be dangerous when you
need to test it out.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Don't get me wrong, she will be supervised at all times and I will test
the equipment as we do this (she's not going to be left alone to do
this, it's a father/daughter project). This is just for her to learn
about the different types of equipment and the fundamentals.

I'm just trying to take advantage of her interest at this time.
Whenever she seems interested in something, whether it's computers, or
house projects, or art, or whatever, I try to take advantage of that
inquisitiveness knowing that she will probably be interested in
something else in a month or two.

As for the bicycles and things without an engine, we do those things
too. The reason I posted specifically about small engines was to find
out if there was something I was overlooking and a few of the posts
have brought to light some of those types of things (Thank You to
everyone who has posted).

BTW, your bicycle web site is very slick.