Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Extend doorbell to back?

The battery operated wireless chimes are OK, but I've found that most of
them require a person to not only push the button, but actually hold it for
a second before it activates the chime. In your situation I'd recommend a
chime extender. It hooks up to the existing chime and works wirelessly from
that location. Here is a link to one: http://www.smarthome.com/5081.html

Ungeschickt wrote in message

I often do not hear the doorbell when in the back of the house or in
the garden.

How complicated would it be to "extend" the doorbell to those areas?
(I am not very handy).

Or install a different doorbell that does ring in back as well?

Any suggestions, references, etc. welcomed.

--

Ungeschickt