Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cherry sapwood and heartwood

"ray" wrote in message
What I see is mismatch which I can't get
past and see the beauty of the wood or the craftsmanship of the
project. I thought it looked horrible. I asked the store owner about
it and he said for a 25% premium they would match the wood colors.
Some of my projects including some cherry can be seen at:

All a matter of taste. While the design and workmanship of your clock it
excellent, the busy look of the quilted wood is distracting to me. I'd
rather see a plain cherry with a touch of sapwood. Maybe it looks better in
person that the photo?