Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nodge Nodge is offline

Default Edging a pond

I've recently put a pond in the garden using a butyl liner. As it is on a
slope, part of it had to be raised above the lawn to get it level and I used
those log on a roll things to step up from the lawn to the pond level. It's
now full of water and I've trimmed the liner to the wooden edging and then
tucked it back down into the earth. So from the eding in, I now have a
couple of inches of earth, then a couple of inches of liner before the
water. It all looks a bit bare at the moment and we've just bought a bag of
pieces of slate to hide the exposed bit of liner. It looks very artificial
though and I want a more natural look. And there are still bits of liner
showing. Is there some other material I can use to cover the edge with. I
think it needs to be flexible to hang down just into the water to completely
cover the liner. I'm thinking along the lines of cutting up some grass
turves to put round the edges. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Nodge