Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Very OT - Computers

In article .com,
says...

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:32:39 -0700, "Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin
wrote:

Lots of folks have no use for XP.

I started avoiding XP before if became available, when I heard about
the "product activation" unfeature which gives MS ultimate control
over your OS. I never wanted to get dependant on such a thing.

Since then, I've found various other reasons not to use XP.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I dragged my feet on XP for a long time, for similar reasons, i.e.
microsoft's real power grab of your machine via XP. In the end when I
did upgrade (the cheapo old dell described previously) i was happy, in
that it cured numerous bugs and memory leaks i was seeing with 98.

I wish I could have stayed with Win2K. It's far better than XP.
Win98 sucked. In fact the whole Win9x line was garbage. I wouldn't
use any of them on a bet. Win2K was the only OS from M$ I've been
happy with.

--
Keith