Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protecting PEX from heat

wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:12:52 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

In my house I have a run of PEX tubing that runs right past, almost
touching
in fact, the gas vent for the hot water heater. My concern is that the
PEX
is in danger or melting or accelerated decay due to the heat.

If this was my house I'd spend $20 or so to get that PEX away from
that exhaust vent. Why risk your home and life for $20. ANYTHING
flammabe should NOT be near an exhaust pipe from a gas heater. PEX is
some type of plastic. Plastic burns/melts.

In spite of all the concern, it is really? If the gas vent is a PVC vent, it
would not be ea problem as there is so little heat. We really need better
information.