Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Snap Ring

wrote:

Barbara Devaney wrote:
Hi guys!

Hoping you can be of help to me.
Yesterday I purchased a replacement hose sprayer head for my kitchen
sink.
I was able to remove the old snap ring with a pocket knife but can't get
on the
new one.

Any ideas or solutions to my dilemma

Barbara

I hate to take chances on this stuff. Is this an under-the-sink
connection. I'd be tempted to use a "hose clamp" or more technically
called a "worm gear clamp" from the local hardware store. Probably less
than a couple of bucks.

You can totally "unscrew them" to put around a hose that is already
connected and then thread the thing back together. It's easier if you
put it on before the hoses are attached, though.

Here's one at Ace Hardwa
http://tinyurl.com/elhkh

If the fitting is long enough, use two of them--"belt and suspenders" seldom
hurts. Don't clamp so tight that they are cutting the hose though.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate