Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cherry sapwood and heartwood

"RickS" rick --dot-- s --at-- comcast --dot-- net wrote:

For cherry, I always cut off the sap wood....

Hmmm.**This*is*what*I*wondered*too.**But*having*ne ver*worked*with*cherry
before (or many woods for that matter) I was unsure if mixing
sapwood/heartwood is a reasonable idea in cabinetry.

Strictly a matter of taste. I personally like the appearance of a little
sapwood in a cherry piece. Makes it seem more "real" and less like a
manufactured item. But more than 10-20% is too much for me.

--
It's turtles, all the way down