Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Frugal lighting

Don K wrote:

Yeah, I've got some of those 100W equivalent, $8.97 bulbs, with a 9-year
guarantee too.

I don't need a grease-spot photometer to tell me they don't put out as
much light as a 100W bulb...

It worked out to 79%, but still an energy bargain.

The one in the hallway went out after about a year and a half to two
years. I don't know where my receipt is, so I guess I'm out a few bucks.

Maybe not. These bulbs have a phone number (800) 378-6998 and a date code
V# xxxxx printed on the base. I called the number and gave them the code
and they sent me a new one, after one died.

Nick