Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Ceiling Fan( Cap 3wire) / Can I use on a two wire configuration

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I have 2 ceilng fan caps and would
like too use either one on a floor (osc.)fan.
The old cap from the floor fan has 1 light blue wire and 1 white. One of the
ceiling fan caps has 1 red wire coming out of one end of the cap and the
other end of the cap has 2 wires (white & blue). I guess what I'm asking is
can I clip the blue wire off and just use the white & red? This particular
replacement cap is the same capacity and voltage.

Thanks for taking time to read my post...

Mike