Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Ian White wrote:

Fast breeders are used principally for weapon production.

No, they aren't. You can't begin to play with fast breeders without
already having everything you need to make weapons-grade plutonium by a
much quicker and easier route.

"It is generally agreed that the FBR poses a greater risk of proliferation
of nuclear weapons than light water-moderated reactors.
An FBR can more easily produce weapons grade material."

Since we alread have all the weapsons grade material needed, it makes
little difference. It would make a difference if it were our first nuke
plant, but of course it isnt.

However, my main point is that nuclear power stations are often spoken of
as an unlimited source of energy,
whereas in fact the known reserves of uranium
are of the same order as the known reserves of oil.

that gives decades in which to find more. People dont spend on
exploration until theres a need to.

NT