Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Do I need a permit/inspection for any electrical work?

"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in
ups.com:

Al Bundy wrote:
"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in
oups.com:

Al Bundy wrote:
"TheNIGHTCRAWLER" wrote in
oups.com:

komobu wrote:
I dont agree with your advice at all.

Another fool.
This ng is full of them.

I think there are a lot of
variables that the OP hasnt stated clearly. What is his/her
deffinition of a "home".

A fool just throws common sense out the window, fool.
I don't care if it's a ****ing teepee.
He asked about replacing a switch and receptacle.

If it was his own single family residence, and he is the
owner on record, you may be correct.

You just contradicted yourself:
"I dont agree with your advice at all".
Fools tend to do that a lot.

If it is a condo or other multiple
family residense, your advice could very well be in error. The
smart reply would be to ask for more info, or call the city.

Keeeeeeerrrist, man, he asked about replacing a switch and a
receptacle.
The smart thing would be to spend ten minutes and be done with
it. Only a fool would have to ask for more info, fool.

Our city even
has a web page where you can check on line what can and can not
be done without a permit.

Well, what does your city say about replacing a switch and
receptacle?

It appears to me you just want to bother people and
you dont care about the ramifications of the advice you spit
out.

It's a ****ing switch and receptacle, fool.
That may be a major project for you, but God damn, don't assume
everybody is as stupid as you are.

Another fool.
This ng is full of them.

Water seeks it's own level.

And here you are.

I didn't come here with "Fool fool fool" comments.

It's obvious you wanted to join the fellowship of fools, fool.
There.
Feel better now, fool?

...fool?

Krackle krackle. Squalk. and insert blabbing horn sound of Charley
Brown's teacher. Amature. Long way to go before you can catch up to the
"ex" with slam comments.

BTW, would you suggest somebody pull a permit to replace a switch and
receptacle?
(let's make it even more offical).

No. I think the OP's Q was are you SUPPOSE to. If you actually do it,
that is pretty lame.