Robin S.

Default Bullets falling back to earth

"JTMcC" wrote in message

That sure doesn't sound right to me. A bullet or any other object fired

into
the air, let's say straight up to keep it simple, will slow until it

finally
stops and begins to fall back to earth. I would think the effect of

gravity
and wind resistance would determine the maximun velocity of the falling
bullet (object), not the velocity at which it was fired upward with. The
same speed would be realized as if you had simply dropped the bullet
(object) at the same altitude from a hot air balloon. Feel free to correct
me if I'm wrong.

No, you're right. I remember reading about this issue in Popular Science's
FYI section several years ago. It's called "terminal velocity", FYI ;-)

I think it said about 9 or 10 people a year die due to people firing into
the sky, usually from head and shoulder injuries (really eh?).

Regards,

Robin