Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default Very OT - Computers (A BIG Thanks Everyone)

In article , Robert
Gammon wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Robert Gammon wrote:
.

Wireless is convenient but it allows strangers, maybe even DANGEROUS
folks access to your computers.

Only if you are too lazy to take the 10 minutes or so it takes to set
up the security.

Too lazy, unknowing, unaware makes no difference. I still have access
to networks where I am an unauthrized user.

A year ago I toook my laptop and traced the nearest open network to a
house across the street and three doors down. I SHOWED him how I could
access his network and see his computer, and told him what he should do
to fix it.

I can still access his network.

Clueless...