PSZach PSZach is offline
Junior Member

Location: SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric in North TX
I'm planing an install of a Takagi T-KD20 in the first floor of a 2
story addition. I'm a little confused by their install instructions. Do
I need to go through the second story roof with the exhaust vent?
My first choice would be to make it as short as possible. There are no
first floor windows on that wall, & only 2 on the entire wall, both 15'
or more from the intended location, there is a gable vent ~ 20' above
the intended location.

The Takagi Exhaust Venting instructions place a lot of burden on the installer to be in accordance with the section on venting of equipment in the latest edition of the National Fuel Gas Code. Based on your criteria, if the gable vent has a negative pressure or in other words does draft inwardly, then there should be a concern.

For venting parts that would comply with Wall Thimble Termination consider visiting www.plumbersurplus.com .

For the actual 4” ProTech Systems FasNSeal Wall Thimble with Termination Telescoping Elbow Appliance Adapter mentioned in the Takagi Exhaust Venting instructions, click here….
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Produc...=26849&Cat=306

Here some instructions from another manufacture “Rheem”
http://rheemtankless.com/tanklessWeb...2%20Indoor.pdf

They talk about horizontal termination in the installation section.