Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne Corinne is offline

Default Very OT - Computers (A BIG Thanks Everyone)

I don't the speed, etc. but will try to figure it out.

Thanks.

The reason I am planning to get a new computer is that mine is 8 years
old, works great, and I love it, but I am still running Windows 98.
Because Windows 98 is so old, Microsoft is no longer offering free
updates, which I am told, subjects me to viruses even though I have Norton
Anti-Virus.

Corinne, if it ain't broke dont fix it. ;-). If you're running 98 and
it's
stable and your pc is fast enough for you, why spend anything? xp is
much more a target for virus writers than 98. The minimum memory
for xp is 128 K, 256 recommended.

what speed is your machine? a 233 mhz processor and 128K runs
xp fine if your determined to go to xp.

lee