Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Snap Ring

Barbara Devaney wrote:
Hi guys!

Hoping you can be of help to me.
Yesterday I purchased a replacement hose sprayer head for my kitchen
sink.
I was able to remove the old snap ring with a pocket knife but can't get
on the
new one.

Any ideas or solutions to my dilemma
would be greatly appreciated.
Also is the snap ring an absolute necessity? I assembled it without the
snap ring as the replacement has a much thicker rubber washer than the
original one and on a limited trial basis it seems okay. I don't want to
chance anything though.

Thank you in advance for any replies.I

Barbara

Without the snap ring installed the sprayer head will soon blow off the
hose at a most inopportune moment. It won't be a disaster since the
water will stop squirting out of the hose as soon as you shut the faucet
of course.

As to getting the snap ring back on, you didn't mention whether it's a
wire ring or a flat ring looking a bit like a schizophrenic letter "C".

Either way your best bet is to find someone with more than a pocket
knife in their tool kit and ask them to show you how they do it. Once
you observe what they do, you'll be a qualified snap ring putter oner
for life.

HTH,

Jeff

--