Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Firefox/OE NNTP

Han wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in news:1152817168.857559.88010
@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Unfortunately, I get the same response from Verizon every time I ask:
it will be about 6 months before we get DSL to your area. I got that
response when we got back from WV 2 years ago, I got it 18 months ago,
I got it 16 months ago, I got it 10 months ago, I got it 7 months ago,
I got it 5 months ago, and I got it yesterday.

I tend to hope that Charter's cable beats them here.

Maybe you have to organize the neighbors into requesting it.

I have no experience with any ccable system. Started with Compuserve in my
Apple //e days, then went verizon dial-up, then DSL. Now at nominal 3 MB
down. Waiting for fios ...

What neighbors? Actually, we now have the population density, and DSL
will eventually get here, but my neighbors generally do not give a
rat's tuchus about computers. Most have satellite TV, and that's as
much as they want. Lessee. I could get the guy who raises rodeo bulls
to...nah. He's about a half mile down the road. Across the road, we've
got a schoolteacher, but she never uses a computer outside the
classroom, except to mark report cards. Down the road is a guy who does
I don't know what, but also plays in a rock band...he'd never hear
anything.

As I said, eventually, but one of the lacks in the country is neighbors
who share your interests.