Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne Corinne is offline

Default Very OT - Computers (A BIG Thanks Everyone)

Wow, this group is totally awesome. I really did not think I would get
too many replies concerning the purchase of a new computer.

I have made photocopies of most of your replies, and now I really have
my homework cut out for me.

The reason I am planning to get a new computer is that mine is 8 years
old, works great, and I love it, but I am still running Windows 98.
Because Windows 98 is so old, Microsoft is no longer offering free
updates, which I am told, subjects me to viruses even though I have
Norton Anti-Virus.

I don't want to send anyone a virus, thus, my search for a new computer.

I was told that my computer is not capable of adding Windows XP Home
Edition to it.

I need to find out the specifications as that person never saw my
computer, and if I could do that, I would be happy to spend appx.
$130 to buy that operating system. My friend said it is a waste of
money as a new computer would have that on it.

I wish I were more computer illiterate, but such is life.

Your advice and time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Corinne