Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Wavetek 3000 SSI

wrote in message
This is an all-in-one-box test and measurement setup for servicing
two-way radios, up to 1 GHz. I have come into possession of one at no
cost, but it also doesn't work. It powers up, the 'scope makes random
green lines, the meter moves, but it neither receives signals (but I can
hear hiss) nor radiates them, as far as I can see (I've used equivalent
units from other manufacturers).

So the questions a

1) Does this antique have a "known failure mode" that I should be
looking for?

2) Assuming I get it fixed, what's the going market for it -- likelihood
of selling it, and what it might go for?

thanks, Isaac

The only Wavetek kit I've repaired , problem was due to a failed tantalum

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England