Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:21:56 +0100, David Hansen wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:42:41 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

I am not sure that it would. I am currently siting no more than a couple
of
hundred metres from one of the largest wind turbines in the country. The
opinions of people here are are very polarised - they either love it or
detest it. I don't think that the pro/anti ratio has changed much since
before it was built, and those in favour want more built along side...

I find it difficult to imagine that the number of people liking them will
increase as more are built next to where they live.

You might like to consider Swaffham then.

http://www.glendell.co.uk/industry_env_page/1-030.html and
http://www.ecotricity.co.uk/projects/op_swaffhamII.html show the
first and second turbines. Readers should note that out of shot of
the photo of the second turbine is part of the town.

The SDC's excellent report on wind generated electricity has whole
sections on planning, landscape and so on.
http://www.sd-commission.org.uk/publications.php?id=234

This has very little value.

1) It is talking about the addition of one turbine

2) It is from an organisation with an agenda of promoting these things.
If I could read through their site and find opposing views and information
and a balanced summary, then it would have some level of credibility. I
find that information elsewhere, leading me to the inevitable conclusion that
the information it presents, just like that from the wind energy trade
organisation is at best subject to question and verification.