Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname yourname is offline

Default Range Outlet Wiring

The nice guy at the hardware store said almost the same thing, the bare
wire was neutral. One of the connectors on the back of the plug does
say "neutral". If I follow your lead and DO NOT connect either black
wire to the angles plugs, where do I connect them?

Jeff C

I personally would not run the neutral on the bare wire, since you would
then have no ground. An ungrounded stove can be a bad thing. Does the
stove use 110 for anything? If not, it doesn't need neutral.

I suppose I wouldn't be too nervous if I grounded the stove to the
plumbing or something, but ya know, wire be cheap.....