Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Very OT - Computers

In article 130720061620025300%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone. ca,
Dave Balderstone wrote:

can anyone recommend a model for someone who uses the computer
basically for email, newsgroups, searching the web, playing
solitaire, and making greeting cards?

Apple's Mac Mini, especially if you already have a monitor. Eliminate
the concern abotu viruses and malware, easy to use, lots of software,
and if you absolutely must run Windows rather than the Mac OS, you can!

I was wondering when someone would step forward to suggest Apple Computer.
Obviously, I was too chicken to do it myself. sigh

iMac and Mac mini, for their desktop systems, have been upgraded to use the
new Intel processors. Mac OS X, built on Unixtm, is amazingly ROCK SOLID.
iPhoto, iWeb, iMovie, iDVD are included with new systems.

http://www.apple.com/imac/
http://www.apple.com/imac/ilife.html
http://www.apple.com/macmini/
http://www.apple.com/macmini/ilife.html