Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default A few questions about DEHUMIDIFIERS... ???

On 12 Jul 2006 05:09:22 -0700, wrote:

We live in an apartment and for reasons to long to go into cannot have
air conditioning. All we have are fans which do an OK job of moving
the air around. Better than nothing I guess.

Now... If we were to add a DEHUMIDIFIER to the mix, would that help us
feel any cooler? Sometimes, especially at night the humidity outside
is like 80, 90% or even higher. We have the windows open and although
the air is a little cooler at night it is just so damn sticky.

What if we got a dehumidifier or two, closed the windows and let the
fans run. Would it FEEL cooler? Also... do dehumidifiers have any
COOLING capability at all?

Thanks in advance

DAVID

IMHO,

You are correct, dehumidifying the air will make the air movement more
effective in cooling you off.

The one thing a Dehumifier does that a window AC does not, it exhausts
the hot air back into the room. If you just use a window AC unit, it
will dehumidify the air, and cool it off too.

later,

tom @
www.NoCostAds.com