Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.callahans
ghostwriter ghostwriter is offline

Default Fridge making noise.

Kenmore side by side about 12 years old, about a week ago it starts
making a rattle when running. Still keeping everything cold. Doesnt
seem to run any more frequently just loudly when it does, the noise
will also fade in and out occasionally. My wife complains of an acrid
odor (its too faint for my to detect) that suggests possible motor
trouble.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be, I am going to see if I
can locate the fans and bearings tonight and have a look but I would
love to know if anyone has a suggestion.

My running assumption is that a bearing is failing, and this sometimes
causes stress on the motor. That would explain why the noise changes
and why the smell isnt stronger.

Any help greatly appreciated

Ghostwriter