Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis Philip Lewis is offline

Default plastic toilet

Larry Jaques writes:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 03:35:02 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Chris Lewis) quickly quoth:
Plastic would be _less_ prone to condensation, not more.`

I suggest you research that statement a bit more, Chris. Go get a
plastic glass full of iced tea and let me know if it sweats.

Well, to test his statement, you'd have to fill two pitures, one
plastic and one china and see which, if either, sweats more.
That, or look at the thermal transmission rate for both materials.

(He didn't say it wouldn't, but that it is less likely)

It would be much easier to put an airspace around an inner tank to
insulate the outside of the tank from the cold water, with the
condensate draining into the main bowl. (a double walled tank, kinda
like a vacuum flask.)

--
May no harm befall you,
flip