Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Firefox/OE NNTP

Han wrote:
I'm jumping in late. I forgot where you're located, Charlie, but I am
using Verizon DSL (hoping fios will get to us soon). I don't use AOL, but
the other grandfather of my grandchildren (SIL's dad) down the road does
without a problem.

In addition, since Verizon's newsgroups are pretty good, and free, any
newsreader will do fine. I use Xnews.

Unfortunately, I get the same response from Verizon every time I ask:
it will be about 6 months before we get DSL to your area. I got that
response when we got back from WV 2 years ago, I got it 18 months ago,
I got it 16 months ago, I got it 10 months ago, I got it 7 months ago,
I got it 5 months ago, and I got it yesterday.

I tend to hope that Charter's cable beats them here.