Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Firefox/OE NNTP

damian penney wrote:
Not yet. I have both PeoplePC and AOL on this computer. I use them
alternately to try to get PeoplePC up where it can totally replace AOL,
at least for MY use. My wife likes it, so it will hang around. At the
moment,

I don't have a google set up on PipplePC to get to this NG, so
I'm using the AOL google deal, which anyway is easier to read.

Once you are connected to peoplePC you can just start Internet Explorer
and type http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking in the address
bar. Nothing to setup. I'm not familar how AOL does things to be
honest. What does AOL do that you can't do with peoplePC at the moment?
My wife works for peoplePC so just curious.

AOL is irrelevant because it forces you to use google groups, which is
total **** when it comes to newsgroups. No filters. Incredibly clumsy.

PeoplePC, at the moment, is not working for me. I think I know what's
wrong, but it has nothing to do with getting into google groups. If
you'd read a bit earlier, you would understand that I moved into PPC to
allow me to eventually get rid of AOL, and that I dislike using google
groups intensely.