Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default OT - Tempur Matress

aboleth wrote:
Stephen Dawson wrote:

Dear All,

I was just wondering if these matresses are worht the money that they cost??

Have a look at ebay item 220003777194 - it's a german company, they
have lots of them listed. About £200 delivered for a king size.
There's a thread on usenet somewhere from a uk guy who bought one, said
it was great. Tempur may well be better, but maybe they just have an
expensive trademark.

I (we!) considered one: there is a considerable weight difference
between me and SWMBO; I sleep as if dead but do move about and she can't
wake me when I have occupied most of the bed and am pushing her off the
edge; she is a very light sleeper. Friend who has one thinks it
wonderful but, and this is what stopped us buying one, finds it very
warm. As I would gladly have the bedroom windows wide open all year
round and use a summer duvet ditto, this is a show stopper. We might
consider the pillows. We did try lying on Tempur mattresses at our
local bed shop in sensory deprivation booths and found them quite
pleasant apart from the feeling of sinking into the mattress and being
enveloped - I like to sleep on a mattress, something to do with staying
cool I think.

IIRC the Tempur advertisments offer a money back guarantee.

Richard