Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Very OT - Computers

"Corinne" wrote in message
Please don't blast me for asking this question here. I have posted here
before and received excellent advice, so I am back.

I am in the market for a new computer. I am interested in Dell. When
searching the Dell sites, I see lots of complaints about service, etc.

Do any of you use a Dell computer, and can anyone recommend a model
for someone who uses the computer basically for email, newsgroups,
searching the web, playing solitaire, and making greeting cards?

Dell is ok. You may want to look at the Emachines. Circuit City has some
low end computers (you did not mention anything that would require much but
a minimum system) by them on sale after the rebates for about $ 300 every
couple of weeks. Pick up in the local store. I use to put together my own
computers but needed one a few weeks ago. It is hard to get anything like a
computer, 160 gb HD, DVD burner, monitor and then the operating system for
anything close to that. That was the deal with the T3418 computer. NOt
sure how they got together but Emachines and Gateway seem to be the same
company now.