Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default electric rebar cutter benders

marson wrote:
I'm looking at portable electric rebar cutters for jobsite use. most i
would ever cut would be #5 grade 60. i have an old hub cutter that just
SUCKS. I've never used an electric cutter but know they are out there.
there are a few brands out there that i have never heard of like
Benner Nawman, Rome Manufacturing, and Lobster. Quite a price range
too--from 800 to 1500 bucks. Does anyone have any experience with
these? am i foolish to buy the cheapest from Rome manufacturing?
Thanks

That one is still a pretty pricey tool marson at $800. here's the
link:
http://www.constructioncomplete.com/...barCutter.html

I am not knowledgable in this area but I do not think you are foolish
to buy such a tool. I think that if you needed a more expensive one
then you would already know it and you would likely be somone who would
use it quite frequently and know what you need. that one in the link
sounds nice and I guessing it would be am improvement over what you are
using.