Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil Munro Phil Munro is offline

Default Problem that stumped plumbers

So, you have a bathroom IN the basement, not above it, which is built
up on a platform underneath which the water flows. What is under the
platform? Do you have a pump to move waste water UP into the sewer
line? What exactly is the situation with the bathroom setup in the
basement? --Phil

wordkyle wrote:
Several good responses, I appreciate all of them. Let me address some
of the points, expand a bit on the original post.

1) The water is "cold" to touch, but bare feet are not good
thermometers. We have two sons whose bedrooms are in the basement, and
they caught the water mid-flood a couple of months ago. The water was
flowing from under the bathroom platform, and the water was cold, not
hot. ...

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555