Posted to alt.home.repair
edb edb is offline

Default Very OT - Computers

I have had a DEll for about a year and a half. Absolutely flawless.
I have the 2400 series.
I recommend you max out the memory.
You usually get a printer with it for nothing plus free shipping.
Also get an upgrade on speakers so you can listen to the Cd's that you make
on your computer.
Get a large capacity Hard Drive upgrade.
These things are cheap when you buy it as a package, You will want these
things when you get used to your putter.
It comes with all the software you need .
Good luck on your purchase.
Ed B

wrote in message
oups.com...

Corinne wrote:
Please don't blast me for asking this question here. I have posted here
before and received excellent advice, so I am back.

I am in the market for a new computer. I am interested in Dell. When
searching the Dell sites, I see lots of complaints about service, etc.

Do any of you use a Dell computer, and can anyone recommend a model
for someone who uses the computer basically for email, newsgroups,
searching the web, playing solitaire, and making greeting cards?

I am totally lost, and as you can see, I am not too computer savvy.
I just know the basics, and my computer man, in this small town,
just retired due to ill health.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Corinne

Hello Corinne:

You might check back issues of Consumer Reports in your local library.
I'm pretty sure they've reviewed computers sometime in the last few
issues, and they usually include a little table showing the brands with
fewest and most repair problems. A large set of data such as that is
much more likely to be useful than my (or anyone else's) individual
opinion.

Best -- Terry