Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Low volume problem

Hi!

I took
the top off and sprayed liberal amounts of the cleaner inside and let
it dry out.

Are you saying that you just held the can above the receiver chassis and
sprayed it? Or did you try to clean certain components with it, like the
controls?

Any suggestions?

My first thought is that this stuff may contain some type of lubricating oil
that isn't going to evaporate easily (or at all). If this is the case,
whatever has been left behind may be shorting something in the receiver out.

I think you're going to have to clean all of the stuff out of this receiver
before it will work properly. This is likely going to take a bit of time to
do, and may require substantial disassembly. I am not sure what you would
use to clean the receiver.

William